Your Options Understood web graphics Facebook square blue large

If you are not happy with any action, decision or apparent failing of the local council you should use the local council complaint procedure.


You may find that an independent mediator can help solve the difficulty. If this is not successful then you can go to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman who will look into your complain independently.


If you are not happy with the service being provided you should inform your social worker and complain to the provider or personal assistant involved.


If you choose to take this step then the care provider should advise you of a time frame in which the complaint should be dealt with and the steps that will be taken in order to resolve this complaint.


They should also advise you of further steps that can be taken if you are still not happy with their resolution.


If the service is registered a complaint can be made to the Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland (SCWIS).


Local support services can provide information and advice about how to conduct a complaint.


For more information, contact us by clicking here.


complaints general buttons